So, 2016 has come to a close. There have been some testing times in my personal life, but I’ve also had some pretty special experiences (including my first Euros and Worlds), tried my hand at new disciplines (cyclocross) and distances (officially a half iron woman) and met some lovely people long the way (Charlie you know I’m talking about you!). The back end of 2016 has seen me diagnosed with asthma and suffering with bronchitis and a sinus infection, but hopefully my solid base training in December will stand me in good stead.
I don’t really do resolutions as I think if you really want to achieve something, you’ll do it at any time of year without the public pressure that New Years brings. However I do have some modest goals for 2017:
1. Improve my ranking at Euros. Maybe top 15?
2. Try to qualify for Worlds again – although I realise it may be harder this year given how close the event is geographically.
3. Try to hang onto 3rd lady at Club Champs.
4. Get a six-pack. What?! Who says all this training has to be about performance? ;p
5. Keep up the blog. I’ve never kept a diary before, but I do find writing cathartic, and the narcissist in me wants to shout out to the world wide web about my achievements, no matter how small 🙂
Now, back to my lemsip and an early night…
Happy, healthy 2017 to you.